Sunday, 17 July 2011
A Quiet Weekend
Free weekend! I didn’t do anything in particular—I think I needed the time for a little R&R. This mainly involved drawing, listening to music, and eating. Still doing the early-morning runs though; I like the quietness, the (relative) solidarity, the feeling of getting up early. And of course the gorgeous sunrise. The way it gradually lights up the fields, so that the willow and the corn plants glow and the dirt road shines brilliantly pale, and the sky turns from dusty blue to vivid pink to coral orange. On my way back from Customs the sun is just over the horizon, and everything casts such long, dark, beautiful shadows. It is probably the only time I am glad for the rockiness of the road; the stones and the gravel sprinkle dark smudges on the otherwise pastel path in front of me, and the ground is so alive with colour and texture and light that even in my breathlessness I marvel. I really should wake up early more often outside of Muhuru Bay; it is such a pity I am just not a morning person!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment